I basically have not updated this blog since my last quarterly empties post, due to a combination of being very busy and having lost interest in makeup–both wearing it and writing about it. I don’t know if I’ll keep making empties posts in 2018, although I will continue to keep track of my empties. I may space my posts out further. Either way, here’s all the junk I’ve finished or that I’ve decided to throw out or give away over the past few months:
- MAC Prep+Prime Fix+ – I have already repurchased this. Protip: hold on to empty MAC packaging for Back 2 Mac!
- Clinique Superbalanced Silk makeup in 18 Silk Sable foil sample
- Stellar Limitless Foundation in S13 sample pot
- Stellar Limitless Foundation in S14 sample pot – I already have this in the full size.
- sephora collection Bright Set Loose Finishing Powder yellow
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder in Translucent Crystal (not pictured)
- IT Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer foil sample (not pictured)
- custom foundation mix from Project Pan (not pictured)
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray mini – I keep the packaging around.
- Highlighter Benefit High Beam mini – I emptied this out because it got harder to reach the product inside, but once I placed the product in a smaller container, I didn’t like to use it anymore.
- NYX Wonder Stick in Deep – I’m throwing this out because I’ve literally only used this once and it’s a cream product that’s a couple of years old.
- NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow pencil in Milk – I’m throwing this out because it’s a couple of years old and the texture has changed.
- Too Faced Glitter Glue foil sample
- LORAC loose shadow from Little Black Palette – throwing this out because there’s really just no point in me keeping this around – it’s just a loose dark brown shadow, and I have plenty of brown eyeshadows. There’s nothing special about this one.
- L’Oreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint in Nervy – throwing this out because it’s super old and I barely used it even though it was part of my Project Pan this year.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer mini – I liked this mini, but probably wouldn’t purchase the full size.
- ulta legendary lengths mascara
- smashbox X-Rated Mascara
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick in Rum Raisin – this was part of my project pan but I’m getting rid of it because it’s a liquid lipstick that’s a couple of years old that I barely reached for and I also don’t love it – it’s very drying and the color is kind of sheer.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick mini in Bachelorette – same as the above. I barely reached for it over the past few years that I’ve had it, and the color is too bright for me to wear on its own.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo – I hate the color, I hate the formula, and it’s old.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam – same as the above.
- stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick mini in Venezia – this is a coral that’s far too bright for me to wear, and it’s also very streaky, so I’m throwing it out.
- Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Gloss in Scandal – I used to like this lip gloss more (it’s almost empty), but I realized that the pink is a little too bright and doesn’t really flatter me that much unless it’s on top of a different lip color. And I barely wear gloss, so I decided to throw it out.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle – This has been discontinued. I liked this hydrating MLBB, but not enough to try to find it again or to try to find a dupe.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Lipair Mint – Good lip balm, probably would not repurchase because I don’t think it’s worth as much as it costs.
- Fresh Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm Advanced Therapy (not pictured)
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm Lemon & Shea Butter
- Marc Jacobs Kiss Kiss Bang Bang mini – Destashing because this is a bright pink that doesn’t suit me.
- MUFE Artist Rouge lipstick, C3211 mini – Destashing because this comes across on me like a cool-toned mauve that really, really doesn’t suit me.
- boscia charcoal makeup melter cleansing oil-balm mini
- clinique Pep-Start 2 in 1 exfoliating cleanser – I loved this physically exfoliating cleanser, and I may buy this in the future.
- cosRx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – I didn’t like this because it was too sticky.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream intense hydration – this was super hydrating, but I think it clogged my skin too much.
- Caudalie Vinosource Radiance Serum
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet
- clinique pep-start hydrorush spf20
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion mini
- Paula’s Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment
- Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum mini – I love this stuff and have already purchased the full-size. It brightens my skin and lightens dark spots from acne very quickly and effectively.
- sephora collection total age defy cream for eyes & lips
- clinique pep-start hydroblur moisturizer
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum – this was a decent vitamin C serum, but I’m not sure it’s worth the gigantic price tag.
- Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch SPF45 – throwing out because it’s expired.
- RiteAid Renewal SPF30 sunscreen lotion – also expired.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Skin-Clearing Facial Wash – this is far too drying for my combination skin.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil – I don’t really have any use for this, as I’m not super oily and don’t generally have acne.
Foils and Tools
- Three sheet masks
- Caolin hot & cool pore pack duo
- korres wild rose vitamin c active brightening oil
- bobbi brown hydrating face cream
- sephora collection instant moisture+cream hyaluronic acid booster
- sunday riley CEO C+E protect+repair moisturizer
- Shiseido facial cotton wrapper – have already repurchased these, they’re so soft and amazing.
- bdellium tools 783 studio small tapered blending brush – de-stashing because I never use this
- e.l.f. Studio Contour Brush – same
Body and Hair
Nothing too notable, although I really liked the Glossier You sample, and may actually buy a full-size at some point, and I never buy perfume.