twentysomething big city dweller. I love makeup and I love to talk and write about it.
I have South Asian ancestry, and have medium-dark to dark brown skin with golden-olive-yellow undertones. To give you an idea of my coloring, I have been matched to:
- bobbi brown Skin Foundation SPF15 in Golden [a little too yellow]
- L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable foundation in N7 [or at least I think this would be a good match, as C6 is too cool-toned and dark and W8 is a little too dark and orange]
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC45 or NW40
- Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in 173 [the most perfect match out of all of these]
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30 in Malaga [a little too red]
I have combination skin, with oily cheeks, nose, and forehead, and dry skin at the sides of my nose and mouth/chin area.
Make-up likes: lipstick in plum, red, and dusty rose/marsala-type colors; warm-toned orangey-brown matte eyeshadows; opaque, full-coverage concealers. I believe that color correction is a way of life.